Private Bezciyan Armenian School

The first Armenian parish elementry school in kumkapi was found by Patriarch Hovannes IX Golod (1715-1740). The parish elementry school building was build by Sinorhk Migirdic Amira in 1778ç Unfortunately the school building was destroyed by fire in 1830, the school rebuilt by Harutyun Amira Bezciyan in 1890. In 1894 the building severly damaged by the earthquake, than school could not be be reopened until 1924. Many thanks to the beneficently donations of Mr. Hovhannes Tavsanciyan, and Mrs. Atanik Eknayan who underwrote the cost of the repair current school building. The Bezciyan Parish School serves it's community as an eight grades elementry school, with 160 students.